Monday, October 1, 2012

3 Ways To Style: A Chambray Top

Happy 1st of October! Can you even believe that this year is almost over?  I swear that the Fall time is the most hectic for me between birthdays and the holidays.  There's always something to do and there's always things that I need to spend money on.  I'm sure its like that for all of you too.  One of the best things to do is buy a staple piece that you can style in multiple ways to help you get through these busy days where your funds might be a little low and when you have less time to shop for yourself.

 So that brings me to the point of today's post: 
HOW TO STYLE A CHAMBRAY TOP IN 3 WAYS!




To make it even easier to recreate these looks for yourself, the majority of the pieces are from Forever21.





OUTFIT 1: DENIM & LEATHER
Top, Skirt, Necklace & Belt: Forever21
Booties: Steve Madden 
Sunnies & Clutch: H&M
Bracelets: C/O TheWayWeAre








I am obsessed with this denim and leather combo!  To do this post, I styled these outfits and played dress up so I am actually super anxious to wear this outfit when I go out.  It's edgy but it still has a chic and feminine touch.  I paired it with this heart belt to bring the outfit together.  I also added this statement necklace to bring another dimension and dress it up a bit more. 








I think that booties look the best with leather skirts so I went with these Steve Madden ones again.  The blue and black combo is actually going to be another big trend this Fall, so in this outfit you're getting a few trends in one.  I went with this simple black envelope clutch and continued to accessorize with black and gold jewelry.  This is my favorite right now! 




OUTFIT 2: WITH PRINTED PANTS
Top & Jeans: Forever21
Shoes: Bamboo (Mandee)
Clutch: Asos 
Sunnies: Target 







Denim goes great with printed bottoms, especially florals and animal print.  It acts as a neutral so it doesn't take away from the print or add too much.  It does just enough if that makes.  I know that mixing different prints is another trend, but for me and my style, I prefer to use one printed item as the statement piece in my outfit.  I just don't like to have too much going on at once which is why a lot of my outfits are simple, but still make a statement.








Believe it or not, florals are still a big trend this season.  I really love these jeans because it's a mix of summer and Fall in one piece.  I just accessorized with gold and used this Asos clutch to bring out the white in the print.  I went with neutral tone shoes, my favorite Mary Jane platforms!  This is a really cute and casual outfit with a girly touch :) 





OUTFIT 3: OVER A DRESS 
Top, Dress & Belt: Forever21
Boots: ShoeDazzle
Bag: H&M 









I know I already showed you this outfit in my last post Heart Of Gold, but since it's the first way I styled this top, I had to include some of the photos in this post too.  This outfit is actually what gave me the idea to show different ways to style this top since I mentioned how versatile it is! I love using this top as a jacket and pairing it over a dress with a thin belt.  You can even do this with a skirt or a pair of pants.  


I wanted to do one or two more outfits with this top, but I just didn't have enough time and I really wanted to get this post up today.  You can also pair this with colored denim and khaki.  You can tie it at the waist or wear it over a tank or tee.  The possibilities really seem to be endless and I hope that this post, as long as it turned out to be, has given you some inspiration and new ideas!


XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment